Wednesday 15 March 2017

High School

 We all remember when we left High School, or if we haven't. We'd find out soon. We all made promises, felt sad and all. We just find out that years after. We simply do not know what happens to those promises.

    This is Olaniyi's story.



   It's one of those days when I just don't want to raise an arm, I'll probably stay in bed all day and enjoy the cool weather. Food will be brought by my little sister, she already knows what to do on my off days. I pick up my phone to reply my WhatsApp messages; just a checkup message from "bae" and a broadcast message from my friend Tade.
   I reply the messages and decide to go through my WhatsApp contacts, I stumble on Rachel's profile picture, I'm suprised, she has make-up on and also a pair of trousers, she had always been an "SU" back then in secondary school, always preaching the evils of dating and other worldly things. David's picture is a different story entirely, he is now a strong believer in Christ as his Bible can be seen in his hands, back then he was notorious and was always the subject of teachers' discussions.
   Before I realise it, I'm doing a full scale survey of the lives of my secondary school mates, knowing their stories through their pictures as I hardly ever talk to any of them anymore. Sade, the least attractive girl in class then is now a model and Amos, dullard of the class seems to be a Rivers State government official. My best friend, Chuks; well seems to be an "happening guy", his picture shows him with Wizkid, obviously stoned. I wish I could reach out to him but I can't. My high school love, Abisola, is married now with a kid; the cute boy as her display picture; I laugh now as I remember the childish vows we made to each other back then.
   I, Olaniyi, am here and my profile picture shows me in my 9-5 attire, my dreams of being independent as soon as possible is obviously taking sometime. I hope we all will be alright and fulfilled, and most of all still able to relate when we see again. Someday.


   I'm sure we all can definitely relate. I was a good boy back then and I still am, did you change?
 Can you score this please? Range of 1-10

P.S: Chronicles Of Willy returns on Friday. I'm super excited.

                 

No comments: