Friday 24 March 2017

Chronicles Of Willy - Episode 3

Willy's day at his uncle's office. Let's see what happened.



   It happened on my way back to Faj. I actually read at Education Building, so I passed Adminstration through White House when going back. I was about crossing the road to White House, when I heard the song, " Eyo" by Asa. Being a song I like, I turned my head towards the sound. Lo and behold, it was coming from the Me-Suya's phone and he was singing along. I moved closer to his stand, and I heard the lyrics coming from his mouth "...Leeking rand, you see all da fiful, making paces ferry cool....". I was so shocked and I actually didn't mind his diction. I approached him and discovered that he speaks good English. It's just amazing how almost everyone on campus is a scholar in his field. It was 4am when I got to my room. I fetched water before sleeping and awoke at 7. Thankfully, my water was left unused. I got set for classes and left the room by 8. I had two classes to attend and then I'd resume at my uncle's office.
    My classes went smoothly without any hitch as I kept my distance from Femi and Dozie. I entered Uncle Lanre's office at exactly 1pm. He was sitting behind the desk, working on the computer. After exchanging pleasantries, he instructed me to clear the files and arrange them into boxes in a chronological order. After an hour of working, I found the test script of one Titus Bankole. The guy actually had 30 over 40 and his script was laying beneath many old documents. "Uncle Lanre, this is someone's script sir", I said. He took it from me, looked at it and nonchalantly put it in his drawer. "I'm sure he's planning to retake the course already" he said. "But sir, you could at least try to find him and help with rectifying his result" I countered. He sighed, looked me in the eyes and said " He is not the first person, neither is he the last that would have the issue of a missing script, so don't make it sound like it's the issue of the Missing Chibok girls" he said. He chuckled softly, expecting me to catch on the joke while I stood there looking dismayed. It took much to rein in my reproach and I went back to work, completing the rest of the work in silence.
    After two hours of working, I was done and I got set to leave. My uncle bade me farewell without giving me my phone, and I stood rooted to the spot. I stood for about 10minutes before he gave me the phone making sure to dish out some admonishments. I was about leaving his office, he called me back and stretched a thousand naira note to me. I thought of rejecting it, but the fact that I barely had foodstuffs overcame my anger and I collected it. I left his office having nowhere in mind to go. I just kept on walking, deep in thoughts as to what Bankole must have gone through, and my uncle's nonchalance about the issue. I put it at the back of my mind as there was nothing to do about it. My legs led me to SUB; going there was almost a reflex. Maybe I'll just go to the secretariat, I need to pay my annual dues for the session, and I'll just chill and browse in Chukwusa(MTN network is best there). Killing three birds with a stone, yeah?
     On getting to the Student Union Secretariat, I found it closed. It is quite strange, not at this time of the day. I tried opening it, but it's locked from inside. I start to move away when I hear muffled voices, I can't pick out what they're saying so I put my ears at the door. An authoritative masculine voice is speaking in harsh tones, I can't get an hang of what he's saying. I try to listen more intently, leaning closed on the door. I hear movement on the other side of the door, someone is opening it. I move quickly away from the door, running fast into the toilet. A guy passed by, Daski, he must have been the one who left the room. He is a very popular guy on campus. I leave the toilet and try to trace him, he however has blended with the crowd. I feel like something fishy is up. The meeting behind closed doors and the muffled voices, all do not add up. I have even forgotten now about paying any dues. I'm baffled as to what I just witnessed might mean. Sooner or later I'll probably find out. It might just have been an excos meeting; excos are notorious for speaking in harsh tones during their meetings. Now that I got my phone back, I've a lot to catch up on. I remember my plan to check out girls on @lifeofoaustudent page on Instagram and soon I'm looking up several OAU girls, surprisingly spoilt for choice. There are very prominent ones such as, @Mzzie, @graeceey, @christabel. I think these ones will be too hard to get. I decide to go with the ones who don't look much like the "run-it- babes". The girl with the username @Mystic catches my eye and I quickly follow and send her a DM. " Hey pretty, I've been through your pictures and I like your page". Within seconds, she replied "Next time, use a better line, thanks tho". I like her witty reply. "I plan to use a better line next time Mystic. I'm about to unravel your mystery!!!

Cases of missing scripts is common place, and it seems Willy might have uncovered something. We will find out soon enough

Episode dedicated to the victims of the tribal clash in Ile-Ife💔

No comments: