Thursday 16 March 2017

Chronicles Of Willy - Episode 2

  Good day people, Let's start off from where we stopped, to find out who Willy saw and what followed. Enjoy


  Sulking as we left Amphi, I placed the blame on Femi and Dozie. They surely should have alerted me that he was coming. "We no see am until he done near now" Femi said. "He told me not to talk" Dozie added. "If you guys were not so busy with the ladies, I wouldn't have been left all alone and I wouldn't have been listening to music". They both stared at me with puzzled expressions. Now, it's awkward, I couldn't blame them for my inability to be a ladies' man and I think I'm starting to sound like I'm  pained. "We're going to SUB carpark, will you come with us?" Dozie asked. "No, I'll just chill at Chukwusa and go on to my room from there" I replied. They both tried to shake me, and I refused, resulting in them pulling me into a bear hug, that got me laughing; an idiot in front of SUB shouted "Una wan do threesome"?. After two years, it's easy to ignore people like that.
     My uncle had confiscated my phone when he caught me listening to music in a class, He's a junior lecturer in Sociology so he's in charge of a Special Elective. He was to take his class immediately after the 201 class and he had just gotten in when he spotted me and made my day worse than it already was. He'd yanked the earpiece off and twisted my ears; right in front of guys and girls, even people that were looking at me when I entered. Uncle Lanre as I call him, is my dad's immediate younger brother and I couldn't have disrespected him when he asked that I hand over my phone. Right there, we struck a deal that I would come help out in his office the following day and only then would he consider giving back the phone.
     Later as I entered SUB TV room or Chukwusa as it's called, I wondered how I would survive tomorrow's work. "Willy"(close friends call me Willy, short for my surname Williams) I heard a voice call. I turned in the direction of the voice and I see Folasayo sitting, in the glory of her incredible figure, it amazed me how a girl like this could be so conservative in her orientation. She's about my closest female friend, those kind of friends you never even consider going into anything with; if you know what I mean. We got talking through Femi;he had been so keen on getting her at some point. Folasayo and I hit it off quite well and the rest they say is history.
   " Kilo shey eh, why are you looking so worked up" she asked. I replied with a sigh and walked her through the events of the day beginning with waking up at HSLT down to my encounter with Uncle Lanre at Amphitheatre. I left her laughing uncontrollably and I couldn't even finish my narration. "Aaaaaaw, Pele baby, come and hug Mummy" she joked. I moved closer and I hugged her across the chairs making sure to put my head on her ample bossom; it'd never for once felt anything less than good. We got talking about other stuff, gist and happenings in school. She was soon telling me about the escapades of the craziest girls on campus and then went ahead to show me pictures of some of them. She opened @lifeofoaustudents page on Instagram to show me their pictures and it was like she was opening a new world entirely. I'd never before seen the page and so was amazed by how many OAU students I'd never seen. Pretty chicks, big boys,cool guys, cheesy pictures of couples and every other thing interesting.
      It crossed my mind there that I just might have been handed a lifeline. I could get girls on this page. At least if I gamble with about 5, luck might shine on me and I'll get 1. This realization further urged me to face my quest to get the phone back tomorrow. It appeared my day could still be good after all. It was 2pm already, I thought of just stabbing all the classes I had left for the day, my mood had improved greatly by then. I hugged Folasayo, she'd made my day, I decided I'll just go to my room to rest, then go jack in the evening.
   At SUB carpark, there was an MTN show going on, A rap competition specifically, events like this were always fun. A guy stepped up with the stage name Moko. "Yo, Yo, Yo. M-O-K-O, my name is Moko, very soon I go blow like Boko, everytime I go village Mo ma n mu koko, that's why I stand gidigba bi iroko". Everyone around including me burst out laughing, we were never going to be rid of rappers like this. I'd had enough for the day. I turned on my way to the hostel, singing Moko's line as I walked. I got to my room in no time, entering in a jolly mood. My mood however turned sour as I saw Bartholomew sleeping on my bed, sweat and spittle dampening the bed. I tapped him awake with all the aggression I could muster, and chased him from my bed. Now I had to change my bedsheets. I slept till around 8pm;  freshened up , ate and went out to read
    I actually did read at length that night; for the first time in the semester. I also encountered something I'd never seen before throughout my stay on campus.


My OAU students, which OAU rapper rhymes like Moko?
Drop your answer in the comment box

Chronicles Of Willy returns next Friday
God bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Illegal