Wednesday 29 March 2017

Trapped

A short story before another episode of Chronicles Of Willy drops on Friday


  I sat in the corner of the bar quietly sipping my drink. He walked in as noisily as a rickety bicycle and he took his seat beside me. He demanded a double shot, leaned back and downed it in the blink of an eye. Looking at him secretly, I studied him, discovering the tattoo on his neck and a bulge by his side. Something was up with him, I concluded.
    I made sure not to order another shot in order to stay alert, I just swirl around the little alcohol left in my glass. I take a mental inventory of everything in the bar. The number of people around; they're roughly 30, two exits and one stage for musical performances; His next move mustn't catch me unawares. Now, looking at the faces of people more intently, I see two more like him, that makes it three men against me.
    I made to move out, making sure to mix with the neutrals, Noisy Tattoo follows me with his eyes and signals to his guys. They start to close in on me, I see another guy join them; I didn't spot him during my survey earlier. So, four big guys move in around me with nowhere for me to run to. They signed for me to be quiet, I understand the code and I don't make a fuss. We all walk outside like good buddies and they put me in the back of the sedan, taking off almost as I get in, my panic rising as to where we might be headed.
    "Cut!", Director Muyi shouts at that moment, and we all come back to reality, laughing despite our exhaustion. It's just another day on set.........

It didn't end the way you expected?  Well, It came like that. I hope you enjoyed.
Comments please!

No comments: