Thursday 9 March 2017

Chronicles Of Willy- Prologue

 I'm excited. This is a new journey I'm starting. I never thought I'd write a series. Anyways, I'm ready to serve you the best. Let's hand over to Akintade "Willy" Williams now. This is the Prologue.





  Slowly, I awake. I feel so uncomfortable and I don't know why. Struggling to get my eyes to focus. I tapped my sides for my glasses, finding them in my breast pocket. I'm in HSLT A; "For how long?". My phone says the time is 6:00am, I don't believe. " Bros wetin be time, abeg?". "6", the guy beside me replied. It means I've slept for all four hours I've been out. Class is by 8, my mental alarm ticks me and I pack my stuff to leave. Another unproductive reading expenditure. Moving out of the room, the girl I scoped when I arrived looked at me with a mixture of pity and contempt. I know, I deserve it. I didn't even open my bag. All I did was sleep.
    It took 15 minutes to get to Faj, seeing the long queue at the tap. I felt fulfilled, I had fetched water before leaving the hostel. It pays to be smart; just as I made to enter the room, I saw Jide coming out of the bathroom, green bucket in his hands. Same green bucket I fetched water into!


 Have you ever been out to read all night, only to end up sleeping all through?
Comments below

No comments: